Pastoral Lead: Mrs L. Vaughan
Pastoral Support: Miss E. Emmerson
Pastoral Support: Mrs K. Burns
Why are we here?
- To listen
- To offer support
- To promote positive behaviour
- Identify the barriers to learning and set targets
- Offer encouragement and build self-esteem and confidence
What do we do?
- To support and work alongside parents in addressing pastoral concerns impacting on their child’s learning and development.
- To work with staff in ensuring good pupil support and build upon the caring and respectful relationships that exist between staff, pupils and families.
- To provide support for individual children; listening and talking to children who may need support in a variety of pastoral issues, for example, self-esteem and confidence, bereavement, managing feelings, anxieties/worries, separation and developing social and friendships skills.
- Responding to situations as they arise within school.
- Meeting with parents/carers to discuss issues relating to their child.
- To ‘signpost’ families to outside services for appropriate provision and support
Who do we work with?
- Individuals and groups of children
- Teachers and other members of staff
- External agencies such as; Speech and Language and Play Therapists, STARS , Social Services, Police, Health Professionals and Family First.